Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cute Car Cupcakes

Like most little boys, my son loves cars. From his car bed, to the little cars I find in my purse on an occasion, nothing makes him happier than something with wheels. So for his 4th birthday, I decided he would love a car theme for a party at his preschool. However, I am short of time so I needed something quick and simple. Putting on my thinking cap at the grocery store, here's what I came up with.

Here's what you need:



Cake mix


Frosting


candy sprinkles (optional)


Mini Snickers


Hershey's Kissables (colored)

Here's what you do: Make cupcakes according to the directions on the box. Frost and sprinkle candy sprinkles on the cupcake. Take 1 mini snicker and push 4 colored Hershey's kissables into the body of the snicker to act as wheels. The point on the kissables will act similar to a thumb tact and the shell will be hard enough to push into the snicker. That's it!

I was so happy that these cupcakes, as simple as they were, turned out so cute. While I was making these cute creations, I thought of more ways to use these little cars.

Train - make several cars like above, and attach each car with a thin licorice lace. To make the engine, attach a rolo cut in 1/2 on top.

Bus - Use a regular sized snickers bar, attach several wheels under the candy bar similar to a bus. (4 on each end for a total of 8 wheels)

Semi truck - First, create the trailer from a regular sized snickers bar and make the truck out of a mini snickers. You could shape it to look like a truck by stacking a small piece on top of the small snickers so it is in the shape of an "L"Attach trailer to the truck with a small piece of thin licorice lace.

I'm so excited to bring these cupcakes to preschool tomorrow as I'm sure the kids will love them. Of course I know the first thing my son will eat are the wheels!

Zinwell ZAT-970A Digital to Analog TV Converter Cheap jean survivor trend

No comments:

Post a Comment